Saturday, February 9, 2013

Becoming a Better Spouse

As I sit here on my couch, pondering life and all it's ups and downs, I think a lot about my marriage.  As my health problems have increased and my abilities wane, I have to stop and really remember what marriage and life is all about.  If I didn't I would get really depressed!  When you're at a place in life where you aren't sure how long you're still going to be around it really puts things in perspective.

What if today was your last day here on earth?  Or your last month or year?  I found this picture that sums up my thoughts.




I think the message of this quote can apply to pretty much EVERY relationship in our lives, but especially with our spouses.  While realistically we all need a little constructive criticism and help from each other in our lives, we need to know where that fine line is.  Are we angry with the imperfections of our spouse or are we "really" trying to help?  Only you can know the answer but if you can't answer that, chances are you should stop the behavior for the sake of your marriage.  The trick here for me is to follow this advice myself!

I hope all who read this will take a moment today to thank their spouse for all they do.  At least for today, don't worry about all that they don't do or what they do imperfectly.  Now is the time to let them know how much  you care and how much you love and appreciate them.  If you don't take the opportunity, you don't know when it could be too late.

xoxo ~ Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment